Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vlad Update: Home Study Completed

Patience, according to Paul's letter to the Galatians, is one of the fruits of the Spirit.  It's one of those virtues that Christians should show, no matter what.  (Galatians 5:22-23)

The adoption process is testing my patience.  The hurry up and wait is aggravating. 

Today I picked up our home study from the agency.  They did a great job getting it done in one month.  A process that normally takes 2 - 3 months.  I would highly recommend them to anyone needing a home study done.  They were professional and understood our sense of urgency. 

I got home with it and called the USCIS to find out where to send it to in order to have it processed with our application.  The woman was very, very nice but she did not have good news for me.  She said that right now they are looking at anywhere from 90 days on out for application processing times.  And that there is no way to expedite things.  UGH.

So, on the way to and from the post office, where I sent the home study overnight mail, I had a chat with Yahweh.  I told Him that I have done everything on my end that was possible to speed up this process but at this point it is out of my hands and there is nothing more I can do.  It's time for a miracle.  He is the only one who can move this forward faster in order to make it happen before the end of the year, which is our goal.  Now of course, I followed my prayer with "Your will be done".  No matter what I know what happens is His will, not mine.  If He so chooses, I know that no matter what the processing time is, that ours will happen when He wants it to happen. 

We have seen the generous outpouring of love and support, in prayers, in financial help and in other donations through this process.  We are grateful and so very thankful for everyone.  It is now in the Almighty Yahweh's very capable hands and His will be done.

So now I have to have that fruit of the Spirit and wait on Him and His will. 

And that, of course, is Simply My Opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment